Nightfood is great straight out of the pint, but when you have a few minutes to spare try this new delicious recipe!
When it comes to chocolate and peanut butter, you probably don’t need convincing that they make the perfect pairing, and they might taste even better together when you’re pregnant. This simple milkshake combines the health benefits of Nightfood ice cream with “superfood” properties of chia and cacao, which provide additional fiber, minerals, and antioxidants without any added sugar. The result is a thick and decadent milkshake you can feel good about eating.
Time: 5 mins Serves: 2
Tags: Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
- 1 pint vanilla Nightfood ice cream
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
- Crushed peanuts and dark chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust the amount of milk used based on desired consistency.
- Pour into 2 separate glasses and garnish each with crushed peanuts and dark chocolate chips, if desired. Enjoy with a spoon or thick straw.
**Variations/notes: You may sub any nut or seed butter in place of peanut butter. Other varieties of unsweetened plant-based milks can also be used, just expect a slightly different flavor profile.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 295;Total Fat: 15g; Protein: 19g; Carbohydrates: 37g; Sugars: 13g; Fiber: 14g; Sodium: 273mg
Joanna is a Registered Dietitian, health coach and freelance writer. She is also author of 2 cookbooks, The Gestational Diabetes Cookbook and Meal Plan and The Quick and Easy Gestational Diabetes Cookbook. She also operates a private practice at https://www.joannafoleynutrition.com/ where she focuses on nutrition and lifestyle counseling, helping clients find food freedom, and developing a healthier relationship with food.